Sunday, February 7, 2010

My experience in general compartment in Matsyakantha express.

BALAKRISHNAN,
Coimbatore.
Usually I go to Mumbai by 1014-Lokmanya Tilak express. For a change I decided to go by Matsyakantha express during last week of August last year. I booked a 'tatkal' ticket from Mangalore to Mumbai. The status of my ticket was waiting list 12. The ticket was booked thro' a Travel Agent and he assured me that my ticket would be confirmed. By trusting his words, I took a bus to Bangalore from Coimbatore. I spent two days for sight seeing at Bangalore, I took a Karnataka Bus to Mangalore by 11 pm. The crew members of the bus were very courteous in treating the passengers by guiding their seat accomadations, helping them to place their luggages in the (goods) section of the Bus with patience. I reached Mangalore by 6 am. After refreshing myself, i gone to Mangalore Railway station to catch my 'Matsyagantha Express' by 12 Noon. To my great disappointment,
I was informed that my ticket was in waiting list 7 and there was no chance for confirmed seat.
By around 1 pm the 'Matsyagandha Express' compartments were brought to the platform for departure. Without hesitation, I decided to board the General Compartment. Luckily I got a single seat which happens to be in windowside. Among huge rush of people with various traditions, cultures, dresses, food items and with various type of Hawkers, Vendors etc.,
I spent the whole night with my above people. I enjoyed this trip very much. My suggession to everybody, as an INDIAN, one must have a travel experience in an inter-state train. I had that experience. What about you! Don't you want to be PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN?

2 comments:

  1. yes ofcourse, iam proud to be Indian, also i had a similar experience like you...once it was two years back.suddenly i got a immediet work in mumbai so i decided to go general compartment..from chennai,as u said i met the same experience like different culture peoples travelled with me in tremendous crowd. it was new experience and unforgettable moment..ofcourse one whole night i loose my sleep also eventhough i liked it very much....because it was new experience for me...

    ReplyDelete