Monday, February 22, 2010

Matheren trip

I happened to go to Mumbai last year during August, on my private affairs. During that period of stay i got some free-time, I decided to visit some places nearby Mumbai. On a scrutiny of website, I found a place called 'MATHREN' a hill station. Without getting any information from the local public in the area, AIROLI where I stayed, decided to go to MATHREN with self-confidence. For kind information, i am from tamilnadu, knowing some Butler-English,
Hindi a little knowledge by which i gained seeing HINDI films from 1970 to 1980.
I think that my idea of seeing Bombay would has been stored in my mind at that time. Coming back to the present, I boarded an electric train from THANE to NERAL, from where I have to pickup a hill-toy-train to MATHREN. When i got down at NERAL, I was informed that the trains were cancelled due to heavy rains. I was terribly disappointed! But, to my surprise, i was advised to take a taxi to MATHREN.
Then i took a taxi, the driver dropped me at the entrance. From there I have to reach MATHREN by means two transports. One by Pony-Ride and another by pull-push (?) Cart handled by men. I didn't want to disturb either the Pony or the men on humanetarian grounds. Finally I decided to go there by walk with my knee-pain. Really it was a nice, pleasent climate.
Mathren is one-and-a-half km from the taxi stand, you can go by foot-path or by railway track. My suggession is railway track only. Because it is easy and effortless and also several people are using it. The foot-path is muddy and slippery. I went there (Mathren) thro' railway track and returned from there by foot path. The local administration must be appreciated in strictly adhearing the norms of not allowing the motorised vehicles within their boundaries.
The trip was enjoyed by me very much by breathing the non-polluted air, seeing the scenic beauty of Matheren, various cultures of people of that region. There are no language/religion/region barrier
in that area. 'Proud to be an INDIAN.

1 comment: